Hip and Joints for Dogs is a supplement to aid in the treatment of rheumatism and inflammation of the joints.
Good to Know
- Almost 50% of dogs (and 75% of large breed dogs) will have hip or joint pain during their lifetime
- Average age diagnosed with arthritis : 9 y/o
- Possible causes of joint issues: congenital bone malformation, trauma or infection of joints, aging, autoimmune diseases, tearing of joints or ligaments , poor diet, overweight, cancer.
Notice the Signs
- Trouble getting up and down
- Slow or stiff when moving
- Difficulty climbing stairs
- Joint swelling
- Excessive panting
- Frequently holding a leg off the ground
How to Help
Natural supplements: try our Hip and Joints supplement for dogs to alleviate pain and reduce fever and inflammation that is associated with arthritis or other hip and joints related issues.
Exercise is also beneficial to keep the muscles active and strong (to support the bones). Whenever possible, introduce appropriate movements and games you can play with your dog outside, which would provide an opportunity to strengthen the muscles.
Weight control is critical. Any excess weight will only aggravate the condition. If surgery is not an option in addition to losing any excess weight, medications and supplements are used to control the dog’s discomfort.